Software Training from Microsoft

By | Feb 14, 2008

Yes, there are other office products out there besides Microsoft Office. But if you work in the administrative field for any length of time, you’ll soon discover that Microsoft Office is the industry standard for office administration. And, when you reach the upper echelons of your administrative career, you will be expected to know the software inside and out.

If you don’t already have a strong handle on using Microsoft Office applications like Word, Excel, and Outlook, then I have a tip for you! Microsoft has a website of training tutorials. Even if you’re fairly well versed in using most of the Microsoft Office products, you can probably find a tutorial here that will help you update your skills. And let’s face it, in today’s competitive market, it’s important to have your skills as up to date as possible. While they have tutorials for Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, they also have tutorials for some of the less commonly known applications like Visio, Access, and Publisher.

Whether you’re just starting out or have been an administrative professional for decades, odds are you’ll find a tutorial there that will teach you something new.

1. blood clean pills (1 comments) January 12, 2009 4:29 am

I use Microsoft Office every day and I can’t imagine my life without this program!

2. Jodith (189 comments) January 15, 2009 2:03 pm

I use Office as much at home as at work. Like you, I couldn’t get by without it.

3. Cathy P (1 comments) September 25, 2009 7:44 am

I notice that most training schools do not offer training for Office 2003 anymore. They only have the Office 2007 training. My current employer uses 2003, are most employers moving up to 2007? Should I learn that new software or should I just get a book to master MS Office 2003?

4. Jodith (189 comments) October 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Many businesses have moved to Office 2007, but I know just as many who are still using 2003. I recommend learning both, since it will open up your job opportunities.

5. Revi (1 comments) August 13, 2010 7:07 am

Learn both. Some people still using 2003 version. But they very similar.

6. Martha (3 comments) November 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi, Jodith, thank you for your invaluable experience sharing. I am going to take recruiting examination for World Bank’ program assistants’ position. It would be grateful if you give suggestion about what i should consider.

Thank you in advance.

Best Wishes from Mongolia.