A fairly common occurrence in the life of an administrative assistant is getting an e-mail requesting a task to be performed. It is very easy to set a reminder on that e-mail so you don’t forget to complete the task.
- Right click on the e-mail
- Choose Follow Up on the shortcut menu and then Add Reminder.
- Next to Due By click on the drop down arrow and choose the date when you want the reminder.
- On the box next to that one, click the drop down arrow and choose the time you want for the reminder.
- Click OK. You now have a reminder set on the e-mail that will appear in your reminder pop up box at the date and time you entered. You can choose to snooze the task for a certain amount of time by clicking on the arrow next to Snooze, and setting the amount of time until the next reminder, and then clicking the Snooze button.
- When you have completed the task, right click on it in the reminder window and choose Flag Complete. That will show the flag as completed and you will no longer get reminders. Note: if you click the dismiss button you will not ever get another reminder, so do not click dismiss unless the task no longer needs doing.