Top 10 Posts of 2008

By | Dec 31, 2008

2008 is almost over.  I want to thank all of my readers who have helped me come so far this year.  You guys are all wonderful!  When I started Administrative Arts just 10 months ago, I never thought I’d reach a monthly readership of over 2500 unique visitors and over 13,000 page views. Thanks so much for continuing to read Administrative Arts.

Lee Jeans - Shop Now!

I’ve been spending some time compiling my stats for the year, and I thought I’d give all of you a look at my most popular content, based on page views.  Here’s the top 10 posts of 2008.

1. Receptionist Tips, Part Deaux

2. Receptionist Tips I

3. Create an Auto fill-in form in Access

4. Receptionist Arts

5. Must Know Software for the Administrative Assistant

6. So, your boss is leaving you…

7. For Beginners: Keyboarding

8. Organizing Your Desk for Optimum Efficiency

9. Using Tabs to Align Text

10. Answering Questions Right the First Time: Creating a Resource List

Thank you again for reading.  I look forward to bringing you more great content in 2009.  I have some wonderful ideas for the coming year.  I think you’ll enjoy them.

Have a safe and happy New Year, everyone!

1. iWalk (1 comments) December 31, 2008 9:26 pm

According to chinese tradition, 2009 is OX(牛)year, OX means growing, Yeah, A growing year!

So Happy 牛 Year to you!

☆╭┐┌╮☆°.﹒
    ╭┘└┘└╮∴°☆°
    └┐..┌┘───╮∴°
    ╭┴──┤Happy ├╮
    │o o│牛year │●°
    ╰┬──╯    │ ∴°﹒
    ☆ | / /∴☆

2. Jodith (189 comments) January 1, 2009 7:25 am

Thanks, iWalk. And may the new year be happy and prosperous for you, too.

3. Davida (2 comments) January 3, 2009 10:36 pm

I particularly enjoyed your post about the importance of organizing one’s desk. Anyone handling administrative tasks has to be organized in order to stay on top of things. There’s no one-size-fits-all, but personal organization is paramount for success. You give some great tips.

Happy New Year!

Davida

4. Jodith (189 comments) January 4, 2009 6:21 am

Thanks, Davida!

It’s great to get feedback. I’m glad you’re enjoying the site.

5. Nicholas | pixobyte.com (2 comments) January 4, 2009 7:18 pm

Amazing list of posts.. really a sheer pleasure reading them.. This is First time here, Great blog.. Keep rocking!! Happy new year wishes to you!!

6. Annie Maloney (1 comments) January 11, 2009 12:32 pm

i will also have to go with the desk organization post. I work mainly from home in my home office and it is important that everything stay tidy, neat, and organized. I am righting down notes and small details all day while I am on the phone and it can be chaotic at times. Organization is a must!
    Nice Post

Annie Maloneys last blog post..Sevierville Real Estate

7. Jodith (189 comments) January 15, 2009 2:04 pm

I keep a spiral notebook or steno pad on hand all the time for my constant jotting of notes. Otherwise I lose the notes *laughs*.

8. Chicago Realtors (1 comments) January 14, 2010 11:59 am

What goes into your forming your top 10 list? The amount of discussion or just the posts that you like the best.

9. Jodith (189 comments) January 14, 2010 8:42 pm

This list is based on the number of pageviews each post received.

10. Anhony from Avon, Indiana (1 comments) July 20, 2010 9:35 am

This is a good list; I wish more receptionists would pay attention to the tips offered in “Receptionist Tips, Part Deaux”.