Photo from Morque File
We all love Fridays, especially if our employer allows us to dress down. Some people, however, take Casual Friday a bit too far. Here’s some tips to appropriate dress on Casual Friday.
- Casual doesn’t mean unprofessional. Avoid wearing clothing with advertising or messages that are inappropriate for the workplace. In doubt whether it is appropriate or not? Just don’t wear it.
- Clothing should be clean and in good repair. Make sure your clothes are clean and wrinkle free (preferably pressed), and free from tears, missing buttons, hanging hems, etc.
- Always check your company’s policy on what is appropriate for Casual Friday. Jeans are allowed at some offices, but not at others.
- Don’t show any more skin than you would do on a normal workday. Bare midriff’s and sleeveless shirts are just as taboo on Casual Friday as they are the rest of the week.
- Flipflops are never appropriate office wear unless you’re having a beach party at work. Appropriate shoes for standing on your feet all day should still be worn to the office.
Does your office have a Casual Friday? What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve seen on casual dress days?