Yes, Administrative Arts is finally back up and running. A big Thank You to all of you who have sent me e-mails over the past few months to check up on me. I really appreciate how much you guys care, and it really spurred me on to get the blog back up and running as soon as I possibly could. It’s been crazy in our household over the last few months. We moved to a new house in rural area and it took a while to get all of the internet access issues worked out. During all of that, my contract job ended, and I’ve been working on starting my own business. But things have finally settled down, and I’m ready to put some serious time into the blog.
Great Topics Ahead
I’m going to have some great topics coming up:
- De-escalation Training (i.e. dealing with difficult customers)
- Negotiating Salaries
- Hourly vs. Salaried (i.e. non-exempt vs. exempt)
- Working with Multiple Manager
- How important is higher education?
- Becoming a Virtual Assistant
And much, much more. While I haven’t had time to write much lately, I have been busy jotting down ideas and fleshing those out a bit so I can hit the ground running.
And Now…The Contest
I have a couple of Starbuck’s Gift Cards that I’ve received recently, but the problem is, I can’t drink coffee. I know, isn’t that incredibly sad? I miss coffee so much sometimes. However, my misfortune is your gain. As a reward for the contest, I will be giving away the cards to two lucky winners. First is the $20 gift card, and second is the $10 gift card. The winners will be chosen randomly from all of the entries.
How to Gain Entries
Entries are very simple to get, and I am providing multiple ways to get them.
- Subscribe to Administrative Arts by e-mail for three entries – those who are already subscribed by e-mail will be automatically entered in the contest. You must still be subscribed (and confirmed your subscription) on September 26th for your entries to be counted. To Subscribe, just click on this link: Get Administrative Arts delivered by email.
- Comment on Posts to gain one entry per comment – Starting and running through Friday, September 25th at midnight, you will receive one entry for every post you comment on (not counting this one). There’s a catch here, though. You need to make an appropriate comment for the post, not just something random to get an entry. The goal here is to stimulate conversation among my readers. Only one comment per post will count towards your entries. NOTE: when you comment, you’ll need to include your valid e-mail address, otherwise I have no way of knowing who actually commented if your name is chosen as a winner.
- Twitter about the contest to earn two entries – Twitter about the contest with a link to this post, then comment on this post with the link to your tweet. The link to your tweet is contained in the timestamp underneath your tweet. You can earn two entries per day by twittering about the contest.
- Post about the contest on FaceBook for two entries – Comment on FaceBook with a link to this post, then comment on this post with the link to your comment. You can earn two entries per day by twittering about the contest.
- Write a blog post about the contest with a link back to this page for five entries – leave a comment on this post with a link to your blog post to get your 5 entries. The blog post must stay up through the end of the contest.
There you go, all the ways to be entered in the contest. Remember, the contest runs until midnight on September 25th (that’s a Friday). So get out there and start earning those entries!
Thanks again for reading Administrative Arts.